|After five years of little ideas and big disappointments, we deserve another story.|
I’m struggling to write anything about the outcome of the Italian elections, I don’t know the outcome, nobody seems to know the outcome. Is there an outcome? As predicted, comedian Beppe Grillo’s 5 Star Movement split the anti-Berlusconi vote. It’s as if Mark Thomas had won a quarter of the popular vote, although his People’s Manifesto would be worth supporting and at least has some positive policies:
- The introduction of a maximum wage.
- Anyone in favour of banning immigration should sign a register and they will be banned from travelling abroad.
- The Daily Mail should have to declare on the masthead ‘The newspaper that supported Hitler!’
- If MPs want a second job in order to gain a greater understanding of life outside government, then their constituents should choose which job would best expand their MPs’ horizons.
- Those in favour of ID cards should be banned from having curtains. (If you have nothing to hide … ?)