Good riddance to 2017 and Happy New Year. Usually, I’d be eager to join in and write a list of ten things we won’t miss about 2017; however, my list of shit things that have happened this year would be short and incredibly painful. So instead, I thought I’d try to be positive and write the things I feel grateful for:
- My family
- Finding the right words when I needed to
- My best friend for always understanding me, always taking me in the right way and always knowing when I’m joking
- Living in a proper house with stairs, garden, fire and a bath
- Living near the countryside and within walking distance of the Old White Beare pub
- Being able to get jobs with wonderful colleagues, even if I can’t always keep them for long, or do them justice
- Having made freelance work viable for at least three months
- Friends who invite me to stay and mean it
- Friends who send messages to make sure I’m ok
- Friends who hate people, but are some of the best people I know
- Malaga – pleased I take friends’ advice and try new places
- Holidays in Norfolk, Whitby, Brighton, Southampton and trips to York
- Finding an Italian meetup group in Ilkley, lovely people, great Italian food and the discovery that I speak better Italian in Yorkshire
- Having a work’s Christmas do even though I haven’t worked there for nearly ten years
- People who can make good martinis
- Jonathan Pie for being the right sort of shouty
- Twitter peeps who make me smile – Very British Problems, We Want Plates, Frankie Boyle, David Schneider, Marian Keynes and Susan Calman
- Guilty TV pleasures: Strictly, Gogglebox, Masterchef, Big Little Lies – which I managed to be obsessed by even though I don’t have a television.
Sounds as if you are doing great. Happy, healthy 2018 to you.
Thanks Pam, Happy New Year to you too 🙂
I’m so sorry 2017 was so hurtful for you, but so happy for you where you’re living now. What a beautiful part of the world! And to be able to work with lovely people is such a blessing. I hope 2018 will bring you lots of joy, love and luck. Thank you for posting on your blog. It always makes my day. Best wishes!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for your kind comments Yolanda. Happy New Year to you!
That is grand. Happy new year. What a lovely list. xxx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you. Happy New Year to you too xxx